|Small Biz Articles » Advertising and Media » PR »||Rate/Review - Recommend|
Keep these few crucial details in mind when writing and submitting your press release to increase your chances of news coverage:
1. If you are not the news: become the news. No matter what your release is about, you need to find a way to tie into the news. Research and make use of current trends and statistics.
2. Make sure your headline is catchy, compelling the reader to continue. Research your newspaper to see what works to help you write one.
3. Use "Who, what, where, when, why, how" but not in that order. Your first paragraph should state the problem your product/service/book is trying to solve. This is the "why".
4. Your next few paragraphs should contain the "what" and "who" that is solving the problem. Your last paragraph is the "when and "where".
5. Keep it short and sweet. Limit paragraphs to about 4 sentences. Concise contact information should be included on the top and bottom of the release.
6. Do not "advertise" - this is the news. Keep your release fact-based.
7. Use short quotes that evoke an emotion about the product/service/book.
8. Type ### at the end of your release to indicate there are no more pages. A release of more than one page is not recommended.
9. Include a brief history section at the bottom of your release with details about your company or your bio. Provide a link to your website.
10. Most importantly - research and send it to the correct editor using the method they prefer to receive it. Don't just assume that fax is okay. If you are unsure, pick up the phone and find out.
Susan Valeri is a business and book publicist who gets clients in front of their audience. Her company, V.A.S. & Associates, obtains maximum visibility for their clients through personalized and persistent contact with the media. V.A.S. offers 15 years experience in the U.S. and Canadian book publicity market. Visit www.powerfulpublicity.com.
|This article was submitted by - Susan Valeri||Please Rate/Review this Article - Recommend it to friends|
ncrease Your Bottom Line With Sales Training That Sticks
Why Are Sales Training Programs So Often Unsuccessful? The Typical Company Spends Tens Of Thousands To Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars To Put Its Entire Sales Force Through The Latest, Hottest Sales Training Program Touted To Increase Its Bottom Line Numbers.
There Are Lots Of Ways To Improve Your Team's Performance At Tradeshows- It's Difficult To Even Count The Myriad Ways, What's Not Difficult Is To Realize That Some Of These Improvement Methods Come With Hefty Price Tags. Don't Despair.
Advertising with Articles: How Important is it for an Online Business's Success
Advertisement is the best and the most effective way to generate awareness and popularity to any product you want to sell. Although some claim...
|Disclaimer: Top Ten Tips to Write your Best Press Release Ever & PR related small business articles and small business information provided on this web site is not to be construed as business advice from the website Small Biz Articles.com - or from the corresponding author who posted this article on our website. PR articles on our website were submitted by various small business owners, entrepreneurs, authors, business experts, accountants, lawyers and other business professionals, but we do not verify the authenticity and the accuracy of information submitted and we are not responsible for any errors or inaccuracies. Please consult with one of the small business administration or small business development officers in your local SBA-SBDC centers, or with an attorney, accountant, a small business expert/advisor, to obtain proper business advice and accurate information for answers related to any specific questions you may have with regards to your small business issues.|
Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the site
Terms & Disclaimers.
Copyright © 1998-Current, Smallbiz ArticlesSM and affiliates. All rights reserved.